Tuesday - A Short Work Week

Feels like Monday, after a long weekend! Back to work – ugh!

The weather got chilly after the nice warm weekend. I’m actually looking forward to a little rain today. We just planted more marigolds out front and cucumbers in the garden, and they need to be watered. My potato plants are growing like weeds – I hope to have a bumper crop in September and October.

I have 2 items ready for the Grange Fair in August. I will enter the sweater, hat and pants set I made for Justin. I finished it just in time for the weather to get warm, so he hasn’t ever worn them. I am hoping the sweater will still fit him when the seasons change again! I don’t think the pants will fit him. He is in 9-12 month sizes now. If he keeps growing at this rate, all that he will be able to use from that set will be the hat! It kills me that he won’t be able to wear the pants, seeing as how long it took to finish them! I should have thought ahead and made them in the biggest size available. I know from experience babies start out big and grow fast in our family.

I’m going to enter the dishcloth, too - the one with the crazy pooling in it. I need to sit down with my pattern books and see what else looks interesting. I’d like to have a few more projects to enter.



I brought a skein of Beadies yarn with me today and worked up a spiral scrubbie at lunch time to see how it would turn out. I have to give it a whirl at home to see how it holds up. I made one in cotton, but I’m not sure how useful it would be in cotton. Not for pots and pans, anyway. Maybe it would good for cleaning the cooktop?

Wayne is diving at the pool this evening, so it’s just Tom and I having dinner tonight. I think Wayne has some dives planned this coming weekend at Dutch Springs. I wonder if he would mind if I tagged along. I wouldn’t want to sit alone and wait for them to get finished with their dives, but it might be nice to hang out at the hotel, especially if they’ve got a pool. Of course, what I should do is stay home and de-clutter the place. I should have another yard sale. We’ll see.

To top off the evening, I got to babysit for Nicole, who went to her sister's soccer game. Justin is such a joy! I am amazed to see how he develops a new skill each time I see him. Tonight, he grasped his binky with his fingers and tried to put it back in his mouth. He hasn't quite got it yet, but he will soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set