Quality Time


I was asked to babysit my sister's granddaughter while her mother, grandmother, and one of my brothers and another of my sisters went to a warehouse sale. I must admit that I was nervous. I raised two boys, and I was wondering what to do to entertain a little girl. We ended up going to a flea market. She had 3 dollars to spend. It was so cute - she spotted a glass paperweight shaped like a diamond. It was a light shade of pink, and she decided she wanted to buy the diamond for her mom. She also found a framed poster with 4 puppies on it, and instantly she fell in love with it. I bought that for her.

After the flea market, we went to Lowes where I bought some more flowers for the house. Snapdragons, this time. I showed Maddie how to make them talk! She got a kick out of that.

When we left Lowes, we stopped at Mickey D's for a bit so she could play in the playroom, and waited for a phone call from the shoppers to tell us they were finished. We met up with them then at the Old Country Buffet and had a nice lunch.

Here is a photo of Maddie with her doll's blanket. I think she liked it! She said she has "tons" of Barbies so I'll be making her a doll bedroom set for Christmas - like the one in my slideshow in the sidebar. My niece told me that she slept with the doll clothes that I made her earlier this year! I'm so happy that she liked them.

It's turning out to be a nice afternoon. I had plans to go out for dinner with my husband. I didn't realize I'd be going out for lunch too!

Comments

  1. Sounds like you did just fine entertaining Maddie! You'll be busy with the Barbie stuff, too. Sending good thoughts to you and Brutus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww.. She slept with the doll clothes. That is as sweet as sweet can be!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern