Friday Blues

I don’t know what’s wrong with me today. I feel so melancholy.

Yesterday, I could really see just how much pain Brutus must be in. When I brought him in from outside, the tie-out cable touched his foot and he started to cry. My heart breaks for him. Our pets are so stoic and don’t show us how much they hurt. He is such a sweetie – I wish I could take the pain away from him. I will call the vet to see if they will give him a pain medication to take in the next two weeks, so that at least it will give him some relief to hold him over until his next visit.

I’ve got something of a headache today too – one at the base of my skull that feels like someone is twisting a band around it tighter and tighter. Probably a tension headache.

I’m looking forward to some quiet time this weekend and I want to spend some time working on charity crochet. I promised Kathryn some baby hats as well as blankets and I have some odds and ends to use up. I’m happy to say that I was able to get two of my packages mailed off – the comfortghan squares and the RAOK knitting needles. I hope the wish-list recipient likes them. I sent 3 pairs of light-up knitting needles, along with the spare batteries to go with them. I got a really good price on them, hoping to hone my knitting skills. That will never happen. I have two left feet when it comes to knitting – seriously, I might as well be knitting with two left feet! My stitches are uneven and never slide smoothly from one needle to the other. And God forbid if I drop a stitch! I never did develop the talent to pick up dropped stitches. I’m sure that, with practice, my skills would improve greatly, but I just don’t have the time to knit. It seems to take forever. And I’ve got so many crochet projects in mind. My next big project will be a Barbie bedroom set for Madelyn for Christmas. Maybe in a nice orchid and white combination?

Comments

  1. Oh, my heart goes out to Brutus..and to you as I know it must be very hard to watch and feel helpless.
    I'm with you on the knitting, I can only make a tangled mess with sticks.
    I hope the crocheting relaxes you and you start to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Sweet Mama. I did get pain meds for the dog, so I hope it will make him a little more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern