April Showers Are Here

It's a rainy weekend, but I don't mind. Nothing better than watching the rain come down on a spring day, knowing that it will bring buds to the trees and color to the parched grass. It's not a downpour - just a nice gentle rainfall.

The 3 dogs are so funny in the morning! I fed them their breakfast. They have a little ritual. All three are so competitive. The little min pin gets fed first, as he is a greedy little thing. The senior citizen gets fed next, then the beagle. After eating a few bites, the old man must go bark at the beagle, who is engrossed in his own breakfast. This leaves the old man's dish unguarded, and the young min pin heads over to have a couple of bites of the old man's breakfast - I have to raise my voice at him - "GO EAT!". His little feet skidded to a stop on the kitchen floor and he made a quick u-turn back to his own dish. Once I had everyone at their own station, they made quick work of their breakfast. This happens every morning! It's like a circus. I love all my furbabies, but don't think I'd ever have more than 1 male dog again. Too much testosterone - everyone wants to be the alpha dog!

I have a project in mind for the Goldfish yarn from Vanna's baby collection. I'll post a photo if it turns out okay.

I heard from my sister that her granddaughter is already dressing her Barbie doll in her new clothes. I hope she has hours and hours of fun with them!

I think DH is going stir-crazy today. He would love to be out scuba diving at Dutch Springs. I feel bad that he doesn't have a scuba buddy close by. I wish I could share that with him, but scuba diving is not my thing. I like water up to a point. In a large glass with ice - LOL! No, I'm not a strong swimmer so I don't think I'd ever be a diving candidate. But then again, if I ever do take flying lessons and get a license, I know DH won't be with me in the air! That's not his cup of tea, either. I guess, to each his own.

I will be making my Easter dinner today. Wayne is off today, and has to work tomorrow. What's up with that? Anyway, we'll be having ham glazed with brown sugar/mustard sauce, scalloped potatoes, and a salad. We have cheesecake for dessert. I have a little Easter basket to put together for the baby, too. Of course he can't eat candy, but I did buy him some books, some pacifiers, teething rings and a onesie. I'll add some candy to it for Mom and Dad.

I keep checking up on the eaglets via the Eagle Cam (link on sidebar). It is fascinating to watch the babies getting bigger each day. I worry about them, too! If they are asleep, I wonder if they are okay - LOL! The parents take such good care of them. It will really be interesting to watch the babies progress, and I know that someday they will leave the nest - I'll be sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern