Ornament Photos


I finally have photos of the ornaments I sent to my swap partner Cyndi. I love making these little bears. They are lightweight and perfect for hanging on the tree. They are from a pattern leaflet called "The Faces of Christmas". In addition to the teddy bear ornaments, you can make an angel, Santa, Mrs. Claus, an elf, Rudolph, and more. I hope to be able to make enough of these ornaments to give to family members for Christmas. I'd especially like to have some for Dan and Nicole, since this will be their first Christmas together.

I've been thinking about how it will be with a new baby in the family. I can't believe how excited I am that we will have a grandchild. I can't picture my oldest as a dad. I don't think he's even held a baby since his younger brother was born. And to think he'll be changing diapers, too! Will wonders never cease? LOL!

Speaking of the expected baby - it's time to think about baby-proofing the house. I have a confession to make. I am a bona fide packrat. I save everything, thinking I may need it some day. It's finally dawned on me that I need to mend my ways and start weeding out my "stuff". So it's my end-of-the-year resolution to start throwing away at least 3 things each day. It should help me get my clutter under control!

It's Thursday and in one more day, I'll have 2 weeks back at work. Things are going okay, but I will need to wear my sneakers to work for a while yet. It's been hard to make the transition to dressier shoes (we have a dress code at the office) and the last couple days of physical therapy for my knee were difficult. The therapist suggested that wearing sneakers would offer more shock absorbency and cause less pain for me. My boss gave me the okay to wear the sneaks, so I'll give it a try. I pedaled the stationary bike at PT for 15 minutes and did 2.5 miles! I'm proud of myself! It's only been 11 weeks since surgery!

I have a big project in mind - and I may be biting off more than I can chew! I want to paint the kitchen walls and cabinets. It's been quite a while since we put in the cabinets and paneling, and my kitchen really needs a makeover! After putting three paint samples on the wall, I still haven't made up my mind!

I hear the laundry calling me - I'd better get busy...

Comments

  1. Cute bear ornaments! You did a great job. I feel for your feet. I also have a "dress code". I wear the most flat, comfortable, flexible dress shoes I can wear. No not fashionable, but appropriate and my feet thank me at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern