Me and My Big Mouth!

I was just bragging last week about not having a cold for about 5 years now. Unfortunately, I have the same bug my DS Tom was suffering from last week. I tried to be careful, washing my hands as much as possible, but I caught it anyway. I'm still congested and have a headache this morning. Missed two days from work with it.

We are definitely having fall weather! It's chilly out this morning. The min pins don't stay out too long! It's only 4 am and I've been up for a little while now. I just saw Wayne off - he's heading upstate to his sister's place to do some hunting. I don't know how he does it. He sits for hours in the cold and dark. I was never a winter-time sports fan. My idea of a cold-weather sport is the 3 yard dash to the closet for another comforter for the bed! You can keep your ice-skating and skiing. Brrrrrr!

I finished up the Pink Ribbon afghan I was working on. I washed and dried it and will take it to work on Monday for storage until we are ready for the fundraising auction. Photo attached

I am working on more Christmas ornaments but the animal noses I ordered haven't come in yet. The next project will be another round ripple afghan. I have one here to send to the NICU unit.


Found the cutest little onesie for the anxiously-awaited grandson! I think I'll wrap it up as a gift from his granddad. Wayne's eyes lit up when he saw it! It says "Take me diving or I start wailing!"

I think I'll go warm up my coffee again and watch "Independence Day". I think I've seen it 50 times already, but I can't resist a movie with a happy ending!

Comments

  1. That afghan looks gorgeous, Jeannie. I'd love to see a picture of it laying out in a larger area. Some lucky bidder will be getting a beautiful item for sure, and I hope it brings a high price.

    Sorry you're feeling poorly - sounds like it's time to curl up with crochet and a cup of hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to get a better photo of it when I return to work. Thank you for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set