At Home in "The Infirmary"


DH Wayne is sick today. Same bug that's made the rounds through the household. He was supposed to work today, but woke up feeling so awful that he said he felt like he'd been run over by a truck. I know how he feels - in fact, I think I used the same phrase myself. This is a wicked malady and I can't wait to see the back of it!

I'm feeling much better myself, even though the fatigue and the cough are hanging on still. I managed to accomplish a few things today. I've made a trip to the grocery store, done a load of dishes, two loads of laundry and made a huge pot of chicken pot pie. This is the soup-type pot pie, similar to that made by the Amish in Lancaster County. It turned out great! I don't know about you, but when I'm under the weather, nothing is as good as homemade chicken soup of any kind! Chicken noodle, chicken rice, chicken pot pie - Yumm! There is plenty of research to show that chicken soup does have some medicinal qualities . How do you like my square bowls? I purchased this set of Corelle and love the square dishes and bowls! They fit so nicely in the cabinet and in the dishwasher.

DS Dan dropped in today, and I didn't invite him to stay too long (bad mom!), but did send him home with some sausage and spaghetti sauce (good mom?). I wish we could have visited with him a while, but I really don't want to take the chance that he would be exposed to this illness and take it home with him. His girlfriend is pregnant and due in January. I'll have to call him later to apologize for not asking him to sit down and talk a while.

The weather is a little funky today. It doesn't seem to know whether it wants to rain or not. We get light mist, light rain, light wind, some sun and start the cycle again. I mentioned to DS Tom as we were driving home from his piano lesson that we won't have the beautiful fall colors this year. The leaves are dropping off before they even have a chance to change completely. I wonder if they'll get game 3 of the Series in tonight in Philly? It's 1-1 so far, but the Phils play on their home field for the next three games. Wouldn't it be great to win the Series on home turf? What a celebration that would be!

DH is watching college football right now, so I think I'll treat myself to some crochet time! I hope to finish the round ripple today, and then get back to making Christmas ornaments. Off to find my "G" hook!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern