New Round Ripple Started


I got started on a new round ripple afghan. I'm thinking of making it large enough to present to my friend's daughter for a wedding gift. I personally like the color combination. I hope she does. It's made with Bernat Super Value in Natural, Caron One Pounder in Jonquil, and TLC Essentials in Taupe. I may make another just like it for myself once I finish this one.

This afternoon my brother Mike stopped by. He wanted me to go with him to a couple of open houses in the area. He's been renting an apartment for ages, and has decided to take the plunge and purchase a home. He's looking at condos, as he works a 12 hour shift for the county and hasn't got a lot of spare time to mow the lawn, etc. It was a nice afternoon out and I got to spend some time with my baby brother! It's been a while since he stopped by, as he's been working a lot of overtime at his job. I was finally able to send the baby sweater home with him. He had wanted it to give to a friend at work who had a baby boy in September. I washed it the other night, and it was so nice and soft!
After viewing the first open house, we stopped at Wegmans to shop. It's the first time I've been in a Wegmans - WOW! Everything looked so good in their bakery and their cafe area! I couldn't stay too long as I'm still trying to get over the flu bug, but I picked up the essentials for crockpot lasagna and threw that together when I got home. It turned out great! I used the no-boil lasagna noodles, broken up into pieces and they got very tender when cooked on the high setting for 4 hours.

Time to get back to work on the round ripple. They are fun to do!

Comments

  1. That's a really nice, comforting, color combination. Haven't tried a round ripple yet, but pretty ones like yours are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep posting this round ripple stuff and you'll have me trying one yet.

    Nice job - pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, I highly recommend that you give the round ripple a try. They are addicting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern