The Sun Was Out!

At least, I think that’s what the big yellow circle in the sky was yesterday morning! It’s been so long since I saw it! On the drive to work, I saw dark threatening rain clouds ahead of me, and there was bright warm sunshine behind me. Oh, how I wished I was driving in the opposite direction! I do love a rainy day, but so many of them in a row? At this point, I have been keeping an eye out for animals lining up two by two!

The weekend seemed to fly by, even though I wasn’t busy at all. I must confess that I was glued to the computer this weekend. I was a bad girl and didn’t work on my afghan as I had planned to do. I did a few things resembling chores, but that was it. I made a huge mistake and downloaded Chuzzle onto my computer. That game is addicting, like popping bubble wrap!

I got to see little Justin over the weekend. He is five months old now and he “talks’ a blue streak! The coos and gurgles are just so sweet! DS Dan stopped in on Saturday with him, and then the kids both came by on Sunday to bring a Father’s Day gift and cards for my DH. The baby gives both of his parents the biggest smiles when he sees them! What a wonderful family they make! My heart just swells when I see them all together.




Yesterday I took advantage of the fact that I could stay in at lunch time and did crochet leaves and sew them to the afghan. I’m getting anxious to finish this afghan, because I’d love to get back to the sweetheart ripple afghan I was working on. It would be great if I could finish that soon too! I think that after the Grange Fair in August I will go back to making charity items for the church bazaar. Somewhere in there too, I need to make some baby afghans for the NICU as well. I have two afghans ready, but want to send a few more. Gotta love those round ripples and hexagons – they are fun to do and work up so quickly. Lord knows I have a ton of yarn here to use up!

Comments

  1. Send us a fair warning if you start seeing the animals two by two ok? And don't feel about about being glued to the computer - it's good to take that break. I spent most of yesterday catching up on emails and blogs and enjoyed every minute of it. Finally quiet time! You'll have to post new pics of the little guy again soon so we can see how he is growing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Chuzzle was a mistake, DO NOT download Peggle or Zuma if you ever want to finish the afghan, crochet anything else ever again, or have some semblance of a life away from your computer!

    I'm definitely thinking prizewinning afghan there, incidentally...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! New photos of the baby will be coming soon, as well as an update on the afghan!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern