Completed Giraffe-ghan!


It's finished! I had such a good day and was able to get so much work done on the afghan. I think I am quite happy with it, and the only other change that I might consider making to it would be to add a couple more leaves to the tree on the side with the large giraffe. I bought the pattern here.

I fashioned the clouds without a pattern, working them from the top down instead of from the bottom up as the pattern called for. I also worked the larger cloud with a larger hook. The original pattern called for 2 clouds of the same size.

I added one more character to the mix as well. I hope you can tell what it is (clue - it's not the beagle!). Worked without a pattern as well. I hope it doesn't spoil the look of the afghan.

I can't believe it's finally finished.

I know that I will enter it in the Grange fair, but to be honest, it won't matter to me if it doesn't win a prize. Do you know what will mean the most to me? I will give this afghan to my grandson for Christmas. I hope that little Justin will make this his "blankie", dragging it around behind him from place to place, and curling up with it at nap time. That would make me so proud!




I have to say that, for all the work involved in making this afghan - crocheting individual pieces and sewing each to the afghan separately - this was worth it! Definitely one of my most memorable pieces. I believe I will add it to my slideshow!

Time to move on to another project.

Comments

  1. Wow! It's been fun following the progress -- you actually did it very quickly, and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. You did a great job. I just love this afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work!! Applause, Applause! I LOVE this, just the way it is! Your grandson is going to LOVE this, I'm SURE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just so cute...great job on that.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comments! I would definitely make another of these one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL AFGHAN!!!! (shouting in all caps) Thanks for posting...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set