We have a tree! The last couple of days, on my lunch break at work, I’ve been sewing the tree to the giraffe-ghan! Today at lunch, I crocheted some of the leaves for the tree. I hope I didn’t mess it up with the limb and branch placement. I adjusted them to my liking as I sewed, and then referred back to the photo. The photo shows the branches closer together and more upright. The branches, as I arranged them, are more spread out. I guess I can always make adjustments to the placement of the animals and clouds, and add more leaves if necessary.
The back of the afghan:
The front of the afghan – the tree before leaves:
The front of the afghan with a few leaves added:
I still have to finish a border around the green portion of the body of the afghan, and attach fringe. I’ll fringe when everything else is finished.
So far I’m happy with how it’s turning out. I tried to be as careful as possible not to sew completely through the afghan so that it wouldn’t make an outline on the back. I’d like to keep it plain.
I'll probably be removing the link to the Eagle Cam on the sidebar soon. I checked in on the eaglets and all three have fledged (made their first flights). They will be visiting the nest occasionally for the next 4-10 weeks, but will soon be moving on. It's been such a joy to watch them, from hatchling to fledgling. What majestic birds they are! I'm looking forward to next year's eaglets!