It's Raining, It's Pouring - The Old Man Is Snoring...

He went to bed and bumped his head and couldn't get up in the morning...

Doesn't that take you back? I was at Dutch Springs today with my husband, who was helping to teach a student diver. I was waiting for a pizza at the restaurant on the grounds, and the sky was a little overcast and it was "spitting" - just a few drops of rain. A little boy was singing the above rhyme as he played beside his parents. It made me think of myself at his age. I sang the very same ditty on many a rainy day when I was a kid! Some things never change.

I decided on the spur of the moment this morning to accompany my husband on his dive outing. I'm not a diver, so I took a bag of soy yarn and a crochet hook and pattern with me. I figured on whipping up a scarf while I was waiting for the divers to finish up their three dives. I took my Amazon Kindle with me in case I wanted to take a break from hook and yarn and read a bit. I actually started out with the Kindle and never did get around to the yarn! I read my latest downloaded book "Still Alice". It's about a Harvard professor diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's Disease. Sad story.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day. The weather was sunny for most of the day, with just a few passing thunderclouds and those little "sun showers". I had to duck into the car a couple of times to stay dry.

Here is hubby, and instructor Teresa and student Heather. Nice folks, those divers!












After watching them set up and get ready to enter the water, I'm glad my hobby involves just some yarn and a hook! I don't know if I could tote all that equipment or carry that air tank on my back! I have to tell you - after they completed their third dive, they looked pretty tired as they made their way up from the water!

Never did get the scarf started, so maybe I'll give it a try tonight.

Comments

  1. I will have to look up that book. I am a bookworm, too. Thank goodness for the library! :P

    I could never dive, either! I would have a panic attack trying to breathe under water. It looks like fun and I like seeing pictures of it, though. (I had a friend who went in Cozumel...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set