Brutus and The Rainy Day

I'm beginning to think that Brutus has had either a severe cold or a touch of pneumonia. He's still panting somewhat but he's walking, almost back to his endearing prancing step, plus he's eating and drinking water. He is nearly his normal yapping self, with the exception of the heavy breathing. He jumps up on the recliner to look out the window and bark when he thinks he hears someone. I am going to look for a new vet on Monday. I'm not at all happy with the way he's been treated at our current vet. My sister suggested that they have more patients than they can properly treat, and I agree with her. I have to say, though, that I was extremely happy when I arrived home from work to find Brutus and our other min pin bouncing up and down at the door to greet me. Made my heart smile!

It's dull and drizzly outside this morning. A very good day for staying inside and doing "nothing". You know - laundry, dishes, vacuuming, yada yada yada! Actually, I think I will budget some fun time for myself. AC Moore is having a big yarn sale today. It will give me an opportunity to buy some Vanna's Choice yarn. I've seen it but never tried it.


I finished Barbie's sweater the other day. It turned out nicely. The photo doesn't show the finished project - I eventually sewed snaps on it and had the other side of the placket on the top. What a project that was! I suck at using a needle and thread! It took me as long to sew those tiny snaps onto the Barbie clothes as it took to make the clothes! Well, almost as long. I must have used a magic needle, as it shrank when it was time to thread it, and miraculously grew 10 times its size when it needed to be pushed through those tiny holes in the snaps! You really would have laughed to see me with needle and thread. I don't even sew buttons on unless it's absolutely necessary.

Well, I'm off to AC Moore.

Update: Back from AC Moore! I know, I know. I said I had laundry and dishes and yada to do. But hey - let's get our priorities straight! Yarn first, housework later! The laundry will always be there. It's like a magic hamper. Empty it, and it is full again within minutes!

I purchased some TLC Essentials in Light Celery. I had a single skein of it at home, liked the color and brought it to work yesterday to try to get some ideas about what to do with it. I ended up doing some "angry" crocheting with it after a phone conversation. I chained a lot of chains, and then just did some half-double crochets for a few rows to try to relax. I didn't know what I wanted to do with it until about 3 rows in. I thought maybe I could do a sweater for myself, if I bought more yarn. When I wrapped the piece around me, it was too big! YAY! At home, I frogged it and made it smaller. I've never made an adult sweater and I'm not even working with a pattern, so this is strictly experimental. I now have as many additional skeins of light celery as they had on the shelf at AC Moore (don't know how many it will take to finish this - I think I got 6 more). I'm excited about trying this.

And I did purchase some Vanna's Choice Baby yarn. I was petting the Vanna's Choice regular yarn in a pretty Linen color. I wasn't able to picture a project for it. But my eye was drawn to the Vanna's Choice Baby yarns - some really novel colors. I do have a baby hat to make for a gift so I picked up pink and eggshell. What really drew me was a color called Goldfish, and a nice gold color to go with it. I'm picturing a baby hexagon sweater, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm anxious to try out these yarns too. So many projects, so little time.

Yes, my washer is running now and there is a load of clothes in the dryer! Surprise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set