Bone-Chilling Sunday

We started out this morning with freezing rain and it's cold and raw outside. Brrrr! The min-pins don't stay out long at all! When they come back in, they burrow their way under the afghans to warm up! LOL!

I finally have a nice place to show off my Nativity set. It's set up in my new bay window. I love the way the set looks there.


Every once in a while, I do have to straighten the camel up, because the cat still finds a way to climb onto the window sill. She doesn't stay long, just long enough to knock over the camel.


To think I nearly sold this set to someone about 14 years ago for $100 when I was still on unemployment and money was running out. But the man who was going to buy it for his wife decided he wanted Elton John tickets instead. Thank goodness! In the next week or so I was offered a full time position and I got to keep my set! It's one of the few things I have made that I have kept for myself. I wouldn't part with it now for $500 - it means so much to me. I made it the year after my mother passed away and I nearly went bonkers trying to find the right Nativity set for Christmas. I just had to have one! This turned out to be the perfect set for me.



I had hoped to get out to get a few last minute items this morning, but it's too nasty to go out. I don't want to be on the roads when they're so icy.

I was paging through a new book last night - Crochet Jackets, Wraps and More. I saw a few projects I'd like to try next year. Nothing like planning ahead, right?

Comments

  1. Love the nativity set. I have that pattern somewhere. You did a great job. Glad you didn't sell it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set