Sunday Afternoon - A Quiet Day


It's been a nice lazy day today. Other than a load of dishes and some laundry, I haven't done much today. I've been reading "Marley and Me", an e-book I downloaded to my Amazon Kindle. Did I tell you how much I love that reading device? It holds hundreds of books, and since I purchased it a few months ago, I've done more reading than I have in the last 4 years! I used to read voraciously, but got out of the habit a long time ago. Anyway, getting back to Marley and Me, I have been laughing out loud at some parts of the book! It reminds me of the yellow lab my husband and I purchased shortly after we were married and moved into our current home.
The dog was a lovable lunkhead, and I miss him a lot. I'm getting into the sad part of the book at the ending, which makes me miss Bucky even more. We went a long time before getting another dog - about 15 years. Now we have 3...life is interesting!

I finished up and washed the baby bib I made for Justin. I made it with a self-striping cotton yarn and fashioned it from a Lily Chin pattern - the free pattern can be downloaded here. I did not do the reverse single crochet border around it - instead just used single crochet. I like the way it turned out, but it might have been better to use the recommended rsc border.

I was seriously considering making a christening outfit for Justin, but I have decided against it. The baby's christening outfit is such a personal matter and I will leave it to Nicole to pick out what she wants the baby to wear. I know I make a lot of things for the baby, and don't want to force my handmade items upon her. I would hate for her to feel like she had to use what I made, if she really has her heart set on shopping for something new, or even if she already has a family heirloom to use. The christening will be in March.

Dinner was good today. I wanted to try to recreate the meal I had at Sundowners restaurant (onion crusted mahi-mahi). I couldn't find fresh Mahi-mahi in the Giant yesterday, so I bought tilapia. I dipped the fish fillets in egg wash, and then covered them with crushed French-fried onions (the kind you use to make the green-bean casseroles so popular at Thanksgiving). Baked them until onions were crisp and fish was done and served with baked potatoes and peas. Tasted great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set