Wedding Anniversary

Today is the 28th anniversary for DH and me. I got a surprise text message from him this morning saying "Happy Anniversary". For my husband to go to the trouble of texting (he's somewhat technologically challenged), it's as good as if he'd spent hours in the store picking out a Hallmark card!

It's a beautiful sunny day out, but very warm. DS Tom and I had Chinese food for lunch. No special plans for the day, except some laundry and other household chores. Fun, fun, fun!

I've taken a second crack at a round ripple afghan for the NICU unit. I was so upset with the first attempt that I tossed the 12 completed rows in the garbage! I know it's wasteful, but I was really upset with it. I've made a number of these round ripples as you can see in my album slideshows, but for some reason this one is giving me a handful of problems! It doesn't seem to want to lie flat at all. Attached is a photo of the current attempt. Again, the same problem. I'm wondering if the yarns aren't compatible - one thicker than the other. They are both worsted weight, but I can feel a difference when crocheting with them. Perhaps the thinner-feeling yarn is working up too tightly and making the outer rows too tight. I've stopped working on this second attempt, and I'm going to wash it to see what happens to it. Perhaps if it softens up, it will lie flatter.

I'll update when it's washed. Maybe if it doesn't fix the problem, I'll just keep going with it and use it as a cozy for my coffee maker! LOL! Sorry it's not a very good photo.

UPDATE: Hubby returned from work and brought me a very pretty flower arrangement - pretty orange lilies, daisy mums and baby's breath. Gorgeous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern