Wednesday

Lots of rain today - cold, but a steady rain. I don't mind rainy days, even though I had a few errands to run. I was going to run to AC Moore to pick out some yarn colors, but I got an e-mail that Joann's online had RH SS on sale. I checked out the site and ordered a light blue, light yellow, light green and light plum for the baby outfit - there was free shipping on RHSS! I also ordered a couple of other skeins to make the afghan on the cover of the February 2009 Crochet World magazine. I haven't received it yet in the mail, but I've seen it discussed on Crochetville and the Crochet World website has a photo of it. It's a beautiful ripple afghan on one side, and hearts on the other, designed by Kim Guzman. I can't wait to try it.

As I stated before, I'm not really a football fan, but the game coming up this weekend between the Eagles and the Giants is an important one. I'm hoping the Eagles win, but I had a dream that they lost. Hope that doesn't come true. I'd like to see them go to the Superbowl again, and win this time. My dad would have been so thrilled to see the Phillies win the Series, and an Eagles victory would have had him over the moon! Let's win these last games for my dad!

DS Dan stopped by today to pick up something he had stored in our freezer. He's looking good and it's nice to see him visit! His girlfriend is getting closer to her due date. My family members are starting a pool! She is due on 1/18, but I'm hoping she has the baby on 1/16. My dad passed away on the 16th a year ago, and it would be nice to have a happy connection with that date - to look forward to a birthday rather than remember it only as a sad day. I have to contact my dad's church to have some masses said for him and for my mom.

I wore my crocheted headband out today while running errands. It kept my ears warm and it looks really cute with short hair! I think I'll make a couple more in different colors.

I think I'll light up the tree tonight, and enjoy it a bit more before taking it down this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set