Philadelphia Eagles on a Roll!


The Eagles beat the Giants today, to move onward to the Conference Championship. I sure hope they make it to the Superbowl.

It was a quiet day today. I am really bummed that the winter storm we were supposed to get yesterday fizzled. As much as I don't care for the winter, an occasional snowfall is nice. Again, it passed us by. Oh, well.

We stopped to see Dan and Nicole to see the baby's room. Nicole said she hopes the baby will be born this week - poor girl is tired! The room is adorable, with a jungle theme. We can't wait for the new grandson.


I don't think I'll be finishing the baby set before the baby is born. I'm making progress on the sweater, but it's worked from one side only all the way across the sweater. Then you finish off and start the next row on the same (right) side. For some reason, the sweater front is slanting to the right. I'm hoping that it will look a lot better when the sweater front and buttonholes go on. Photo attached. You can see the slant in the photo. I'm not too happy with it so far, but I'll finish to see what it looks like completed.


I also took a shot at trying a small swatch of the "Sweetheart Ripple" afghan, to see if it's something I can do. I can see that I will have to be careful with the front-post treble crochet/ single crochet stitch placements - a couple of them are not where they are supposed to be. But I think this is doable. I just need to decide what colors I want to make this. I think I like the dark hearts instead of the light ones in my sample.

I guess I'll pick up where I left off with the baby sweater and see if I can't make a little more progress on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set