Wayne's Surgery Tomorrow

Wayne is a little nervous this evening. His total knee replacement will be done tomorrow. I feel for him, as I was very nervous this last time. But I am positive that all will go well. I made a nice dinner for him this evening, since he won't be able to eat anything after midnight tonight, and his surgery won't be until 11:00 am or later tomorrow. We had leftover turkey and duck, with fresh homemade mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, gravy and brussels sprouts in tomato cheese sauce. The brussels sprouts are Wayne's favorite Thanksgiving dish. You simply take frozen brussels sprouts, cook them until they are tender, then transfer them to a microwave safe dish. Add a can of tomato soup and some grated cheddar cheese to make the sauce, and microwave them until the sauce is heated through. They are delicious!

My friend's daughter was married last night. We didn't make it in time for the service itself, but we went to the reception. It was beautiful, with a Marine Corps sword drill (the one where they cross swords for the bride and groom to walk under). She looked lovely in her wedding gown, and my friend and her husband were exceptional hosts. We had a lovely time, and I even danced a slow dance with DH Wayne. He was a good sport about it, because I know he was in serious pain last night. I love him dearly! I can't wait until he starts to have some relief from the painful knee.

I finished up the mittens I was working on, and I really like the way they turned out. Not bad for my first attempt at mittens, and using my own pattern to boot! I'll post photos another time - my computer is acting up again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set