Dad's House

4 of us stopped by Dad's house today after breakfast together. We went through the sympathy cards from different people who attended the funeral. We looked at the guestbook and tried our best to decipher the names of the people who signed it. We brought back the photos we had taken to the funeral home for people to look at. My sister's children did a wonderful job putting together a photo board with lots of photos from weddings, parties, and Christmas and birthday celebrations. There were pictures of Dad with his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

We took a look around - it really seemed strange without Dad. It's been about 30 years since he moved us there. My parents' 40th anniversary party was held there. My husband and I were married in the backyard over 27 years ago.


From left to right in the photo - my Dad, my Mom, me, Wayne, Wayne's Mom, and Wayne's Dad. I'm sorry to say that my parents and Wayne's parents are all gone now.

I'm glad that we had a nice visit with Dad there at the house this past Christmas. I don't think any of us imagined it would have been our last together.

I picked up my yarn this evening. I wanted to start to get back to a routine, but wasn't sure what to make. I just knew I wanted to find some comfort in hook and yarn, so I made a preemie hat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern