2012 Grange Fair Entries

My grange fair entries were only 4 this year. I was not able to finish my backpack I started. I did, however, enter the shawl I crocheted to wear to my niece's wedding in April. Also entered a green crocheted hat and a crocheted Santa bearded beanie as well as my completed baby blanket, the heart/ripple Sweetheart Ripple afghan designed by Kim Guzman. I made it in beautiful rainbow colors with white contrast. I really love the way it turned out. The judges must not have loved it, as it didn't place at all. I was pleasantly SHOCKED to see that my self-designed shawl placed first in the cape/poncho/shawl category. Yippee! And the Santa beanie and green hat took second place in their prospective categories ( Miscellaneous Useful Christmas Items and Caps and Hats). I'm very happy with the results.


I didn't crochet this, but I had to take a photo - it was cute as a button!  A little bunny inside a carrot!


I took a few photos of some decorated cakes and decorated cake forms from the fair too! Very talented people out there!
The ant-covered peanut butter sandwich is actually a cake - clever, isn't it? Yes, a little gross, but still clever! It did take a ribbon.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I'm really happy to hear your shawl did so well. It was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set