Happy Mother's Day


Wishing all moms a Happy Day! I had a nice visit with my grandson. He stayed overnight here with us. He's such a sweet and happy child. No trouble at all. We really enjoyed his visit.

His lovely mom just lost her grandmother and I offered to take Justin to give her some time to rest.

My younger son treated me to dinner and my older son and his fiancee - Justin's parents - gave me a framed picture of Justin and a lovely pair of topaz earrings!

What a wonderful day it was!

I finished up a couple of projects that have been sitting in limbo lately. One was a pink tam hat that needed a finishing touch. I crocheted a flower accent for it. I also crocheted some flowers for a baby hat that I am sending to a new mom for her little one. It's my "Dreaded Spiral Seam Hat" - I've made interchangeable flowers for it so that it can be worn with many different outfits. And I finished a little lavender hat that I've been working on. I improvised a scalloped brim for it, having done the hat all in half-double crochet. I really like the way it turned out. Justin was kind enough to model it for me. Thank God he's so small! I won't get this kind of cooperation when he gets older, I'm sure! That hat is finished. At the point I took the photo, I had a loose end that needed to be woven in. This hat will be listed on my Etsy website.

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Happy Mother's Day! It's been so nice to see your recent creations. And you're right -- that cute little grandson won't sit still for modeling lavender hats for much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!.. Would you just look at those cute little cheeks on this boy!!! What a cutie your little grandson is, Jeannie!!.. And yes, a very good sport for the time being!! Glad to hear you had a very Happy Mother's Day! I did too, but another busy week begins, and I can't wait till tonight, when I can kick back, watch some t.v., and yes... even get working on some CROCHET again, finally. Right now, I'm working on a throw pillow!.. Have a good night! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern