Donation Weekend

The company I work for recently had a sale of empty cosmetic bags for employees. I was able to purchase about 50 or so and I'm going to mail them this weekend to Hope Lodge in Hershey Pennsylvania. I called ahead to verify that these bags are something that they can use. The staff at the lodge said that they will be happy to give a bag to their patients upon receipt, and 50 bags will be enough to make sure that each current patient has one and that future patients will also be able to receive one. I thought the bags might be useful for patients to keep their personal items in - if not makeup, perhaps toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, etc.

I also hope to have some crocheting time this weekend to do some hats as well.

I just need to draft a letter explaining that these donations are in the name of my late sister-in-law, who was a patient at Hope Lodge. She often told us how nice they were to her at the lodge, and in fact, the staff remembers her too. They told me how much they loved her and how sad they were to hear that she passed away.

It's good to know that my sister-in-law was so well-loved and will remain in the hearts and minds of so many people.

I miss her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set