Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another New Baby Hat


I worked on another baby hat yesterday. It was my birthday and it was a nice quiet day - a real lazy day where I didn't get out of my jammies until after noon! I had a very nice dinner out with DS, his fiancee and my grandson, as well as DH. My younger DS was feeling a little under the weather.

I crocheted a baby hat, but it's not suitable for charity purposes. It wouldn't be comfortable for a NICU baby. Instead I've decided to list it on Etsy.

It's back to work tomorrow after a nice 3 day weekend. I might be going in late, if I don't take another day off. We are currently getting some freezing rain. I checked the front door and it's a sheet of ice.

I need to go through my stash and see what other yarn I have to continue making baby hats for the NICU. It's 3 am right now, and I am hoping to be able to get back to sleep...

4 comments:

  1. That's very generous of you to donate to NICU. My mom has worked in the NICU in Houston for many many years. I absolutely love the hat. Adorable. I might have to look into getting one for my daughters Easter photos. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had the best kind of birthday -- hope it was a very happy one for you, and the start of a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh.. that is the cutest little hat!.. And Happy Birthday to you!!!! Best wishes to you, and Many Happy Returns! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the birthday wishes! I love making hats and afghans for the NICU. I wish I could make enough for our NICU here at our local hospital. I take part in a campaign on Crochetville and send them to a woman in California who donates to their hospital.

    My son was a NICU baby in 1983 in Philadelphia. Today he's healthy, handsome and has a wonderful fiancee and a beautiful 2 year old boy!

    ReplyDelete