WOW!!!!




At the controls





Justin in the pilot's seat - boy, I need a haircut!










I did it! I can't believe I did it! I actually flew a plane today!

What a trip~ I was on the controls once the instructor taxied into position and took us down the runway. He told me when to pull back on the yoke to gain altitude - I did and - AMAZINGLY! - we were in the air. He let me make the turns and bring the plane lower or take it higher. I kept finding myself with a death grip on the controls until about 2/3 of the way through the lesson, when I became a little more relaxed and the flying seemed easier. We encountered a bit of turbulence when we approached the clouds (it was an overcast day today) but the turbulence didn't bother me at all. The instructor took over once we made the approach to the airport at the end of the lesson. I had a wonderful time, and the instructor assured me that I didn't frighten him into changing professions, so I guess everything went okay. That's little Justin sitting in the pilot's seat.

Wow! I have to do this again!

To make the day absolutely perfect, DS Dan dropped Justin off to stay with me this afternoon while "Daddy" went fishing. We had a wonderful time together.

Comments

  1. That is so cool!!! Congratulations on taking such a brave step (I'm terrified of heights, so it's extra-impressive to me!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern