Here's Where We Stand...

Our invitation to my sister's house - I've declined it. Due to my son's illness (bad cold, maybe?) and my nephew's flu, I've decided to spend Thanksgiving at home. That means running out yesterday to buy a turkey and all the other fixings for dinner.

The turkey hasn't thawed out at all, I've got to make the stuffing tonight before I go to bed, and my hands are shaking so bad I can't type very well. I'm not going all out - just some mashed potatoes, turkey and gravy, some veggies and salad. No rolls, no sweet potatoes or cranberry sauce. No homemade pumpkin pie - store-bought. Just thinking of those few items is wearing me out.

I stopped at the Amish Market yesterday to pick up a few things there for dinner. Purchased a nice piece of fish for dinner tonight. Looked all over for it and couldn't find it. So we ordered pizza instead. My son found it in the car just a bit ago. So it ended up in the trash. Oh, well. At least we caught it before the car smelled bad from it.

Spent the morning with my grandson. He is something to be thankful for. He wants to walk so badly - he grabs hold of your fingers and toddles so precariously. He is getting very good with his "bye-bye" wave. And he doesn't do the army crawl as much as he did before. He is up on his hands and knees more. He learns so quickly, as each day you can see something else that's new. He's very good at How Big and responds when you ask him "How big is Justin" by raising his hands up in the air. What a doll!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set