Saturday Musings

I am waiting for Dan and Nicole to drop off Justin. The kids are headed to a Phillies game today, and I am going to spend time with my little angel until his parents get home. I can't wait to see his smiling face.

Things have been difficult at work lately. I feel so burned out in my present position, but it could be the blues working on me. I again passed up the opportunity to bid on a job that opened up in another building - a job that would have meant a promotion - but the way I am feeling lately, I don't think I would be able to do it. I have no confidence in myself at all. I'm working on trying to "fix" myself - seeing my physician about changing my medications and talking to someone through the EAP at work. I just hope that, when things are better, this all doesn't come back to bite me in the butt. I'd like a chance to bid on a similar position when I'm feeling better about myself, but don't want my employers to hold anything against me. You know what they say - Once burned, twice shy. All of this started at work 4 years ago, and I can't believe it's taking this long to get over it. It was emotionally devastating.

On a happier note, I am planning another getaway weekend with my husband. It was nice to spend the time alone with him in Lancaster. I've made arrangements for Labor Day weekend in another "secret" location. I'm not telling him where we are going. I plan to plug the street address into the GPS and just drive. I'm even going to have him leave his car at home on Friday (he is working) and I will pack it, so that he doesn't know what we are taking along. I don't think he reads my blog, but I won't reveal the destination anyway. I don't want any other relatives who might read it to let it slip.

My greetings to my cyber friends - Sweet Mama Jones, I hope you are feeling better soon. I keep you in my prayers.

Comments

  1. Whatever is wrong, I hope you feel better soon... :-)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set