Memorial Day in Nags Head, NC

On a lark, Wayne and I decided to take a long weekend trip somewhere. We wavered - back to the Florida Keys, where we had such a nice stay earlier this year? The 1000 Islands? We decided on heading south to Nags Head, NC. We've never been here, but would come back again in a heartbeat. We drove down on Sunday and checked into the hotel, right on the beach. I love hearing the ocean in the background! The weather is perfect. We spent some time exploring the area, visiting the Bodie Island Lighthouse. I've never seen a lighthouse up close, and I was impressed. We arrived after it had closed to the public.





We stopped to see the Wright Brothers National Memorial as well. I could almost feel the exhilaration the brothers experienced, viewing the markers of their initial flights! I especially appreciated the fact that next to their memorial is a small airport! In this photo you can see the marker from their initial takeoff point. I hope you can view the small plane in the sky opposite the marker. I loved it - history and modern times in one photo.

We spent time on the beach. Had a wonderful dinner on Sunday night at Penguin Isle restaurant. The crab bisque was the best I've ever tasted.

I'm not sure what our plans are for today, but Wayne is hoping to be able to do a beach dive today. I sure hope he can do that - he loves scuba! I'll be sad to leave on Wednesday. The people here are very nice and friendly.

On a crochet note, I hope to work on the little afghan I've been designing. I brought my supplies with me, but haven't had a chance to work with them yet. Too much to do and see. Perhaps when Wayne goes diving...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set