A Busy Month

It's been a busy month - I have a new boss at work. I'm hoping that this goes a lot better than the last one did. The director wants to be sure I tell him if things aren't going well. If it doesn't, I sure hope he listens to me this time, instead of brushing me off like the last time.

The new boss seems like a very nice person - but I can't tell if he is genuinely upbeat 100% of the time, or if he's really trying hard! He has a joke for every occasion. If I ask him if he needs anything at the start of the day, he says "A million dollars!" I wish I could relax completely, but once bitten, twice shy. I've always been reserved, but even more so now. I'm afraid I'll come off as a real stick-in-the-mud, with no sense of humor. That is so untrue. I've always thought I have a great sense of humor. I'm just leery with all I've been through.

We're supposed to meet at my Dad's today. I honestly don't feel that I'm up to it. I don't know what's wrong with me - I'm feeling a little blue today. I miss my dad. I can't believe that he was ill, and gone so quickly.

I hope to get a little crocheting done this weekend. I was asked to organize a baby shower for the new boss and have a baby sweater to make for him and his wife. They are expecting a girl, so I'm making it in a pale peach color. Photos to follow when it's finished.

I'm so glad the spring is here, and that summer will be here soon! I planted pansies in front of the house, and would like to add more, but I'll wait. We're going to have windows installed in June and the workmen will be stepping in and out of the flowerbed. I'd rather have a few pansies trampled than all of them. My older son got me a rosebush for Mother's Day and some of the buds are beginning to open. They are so pretty! I also have a pretty red geranium from my younger son! I was surprised by both of the boys. The younger one walked to the store to buy something for me. What good boys! I love them dearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set