Trip To The Hospital

What a day! My husband Wayne and I just got back from the University of Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia. He had a new patient appointment and I had a return visit scheduled. We started out before 9:00 am, and it's an hour's ride by train to the hospital. We arrived at 10:30 for appointments at 11:00 and 11:45.

OMG - neither one of us saw the doctor until almost 2:00 pm! There were medical students in and out. Good thing Wayne brought a book and I brought my yarn and crochet hook. I started out crocheting on the train and continued throughout the wait at the hospital. The medical student who stopped in to go over history with us commented to me that we had both been waiting for a while. I agreed - I told him that my crochet project started out as a Barbie doll-sized rug, and was now well into scarf mode, since I'd added over a hundred rows. I told him that I would like to get out before I had to consider turning it into a hallway runner! He laughed, said he needed to consult with the doctor, and that if he saw the pink yarn poking out from under the door, he would know he was gone too long!

I usually don't mind waiting, especially when I have my yarn with me. However, due to the fact that we left so early, I hadn't eaten and was starving! LOL! I was glad when I was finished and sent out to the waiting room to wait for Wayne. When he appeared around the corner about 15 minutes later, I said "Halleluia!". He said not to get too excited because they had him waiting for some papers to take home with him. So another 12 rows were added to the scarf. It's now over 4 feet long. I can honestly say, for the first time in a while, I've done enough crocheting for the day. I need a break! LOL!-

The doctor did tell me I needed to make another appointment to return in about a month. The thought that I should just hang out in the waiting room until then did cross my mind for a second.

Anyway, we're home and I'm glad! And I took a vacation day for this! I'll post a photo of the pink scarf when it's finished.

The Phillies are playing the first of their playoff games against the Rockies. Here's hoping they win - although at the moment, it doesn't look good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set