Busy, Busy, Busy...

Haven't had a chance to write in a while.  I have been very busy with school work - I have about 2 more weeks of classwork to do before I finish this course.  I also had a request to make a baby afghan for a friend of my daughter-in-law for a baby shower.  Trying to crochet and study and do assignments was tough!  I did finish the afghan - on the morning of the baby shower!  I am sorry I did not get a picture of it before it was picked up.  It was a round ripple afghan in shades of pale gray and white, with charcoal gray accents.  It turned out quite nicely, as I was surprised by the color requests made by the girl who requisitioned it.

My online class is going well.  I should be able to pass with a high enough score to merit tuition reimbursement through my job.  I'll roll that reimbursement over into a spring class.  I'm enjoying the freedom of online classes.  I can work at my own pace and as long as I get my assignments in on time, it doesn't matter if I spend thirty minutes or 3 hours at a time on it.  In fact, today I had the opportunity to work ahead and finish something that isn't due until Wednesday this week.

Recently we lost our cat to cancer.  Shadow was a shelter cat, and we adopted her about 10 years ago.  I asked my son if he was ready to adopt another cat.  I truly do believe in giving homes to cast-off pets.  He was okay with it, so my son, my brother and I went to Cape May NJ to adopt a cat.  My brother intended to adopt one as well.  We chose the Cape May shelter because my sister has dealt with this shelter in the past and works with them socializing cats and kittens to prepare them for adoption.  Well, upon the approval of our applications, we met with the volunteers at the shelter.  She asked me what kind of cat I was looking for, and I asked her to show me a cat that was affectionate and sociable.  She showed me two - siblings that had been at the shelter since they were kittens.  Let me tell you - the minute I picked up the boy cat I was hooked.  And I didn't leave with one cat - I took his sister as well.  So we adopted 2 new pets.  Haven't finalized names for them yet.  The shelter people named them Rhett and Scarlet.  I felt silly calling the cat "Rhett", so I am calling them Pepper and Cinnamon.  My son isn't crazy about these names, so I asked him for input.  Hopefully, we will soon have forever names for them.  Photos of the cats to follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set