Crocheted Hat




This isn't the best photo of the crocheted cloche I made last week. I have to find my "model" - one of those styrofoam heads from the beauty supply store. But it will give you an idea of what it looks like.

I'm working now on a pink ribbon "Hope" afghan to donate to our Pink Ribbon committee at work. They can chance it off to raise money. I ordered the kit from Mary Maxim. I love the pattern, but I hate the yarn they chose to send with the kit. I only got 2 rows into the afghan, and came across one of those small knots. You know the ones I'm talking about - the yarn breaks at the factory and they tie a knot and trim it off close. You know that if you crocheted leaving that knot as is, it would come apart for sure and unravel your work. Not to mention - who likes having knots in their work? I remember my Aunt Anna crocheting a pair of slippers and our cat chewed the yarn off. Boy, was she miffed when she came to the break in the yarn! I can still hear her yelling about having to have a knot in the slipper! I thought it was funny then - not so much any more. Anyhoo - I ended up substituting Red Heart Super Saver in pink, and I will use the kit yarn for small projects like infant and preemie hats. I have a couple of other projects I'll have to finish soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set