I've finally gotten into the groove - picked up the pattern for a doll I've been wanting to make for a long time now. I love the Kathleen Early dolls, with lifelike features. I'm making "Lil Buster" to enter into the Grange Fair in August.
The legs and body were a breeze, but I've been hung up on crafting the right arm. I must have been out of touch with crochet for too long, because I frogged this arm so many times, I could have pulled my hair out! But then I would have had to crochet myself a wig! Anyway, try as I might, I just couldn't get the stitch count to come out right. I've been reading patterns for years now, and this pattern is well-written but I was just so confused. I finally e-mailed the designer and asked her for help. She was kind enough to reply with a more detailed set of instructions, and this was just what I needed. I now have the arm completed to the point where it is almost ready to be attached to the body. I'll start the left arm tomorrow, leaving the right unfinished until both are ready to attach. I'm really thrilled with the way it's turning out so far. Pictures will definitely be posted when Buster is finished.
Tomorrow my DH is going river diving, so the kids, the grandson and I will be joining him. Not in the river, but we'll have a little picnic and enjoy a little sun while the divers are doing their thing. It should be a nice day.
I brought my first potatoes in from "my second garden". Actually, these are potatoes that grew from some that must have been left underground last year. We didn't plant any potatoes at the side of the house this year, but a few came up anyway. They are pretty nice.