It's The Little Things That Count


Today I saw something that touched my heart. It was the sight of my husband, standing on a ladder, putting a baby bird back in its nest. My son discovered the bird under the tree and came inside to tell us that it was injured and the dogs were barking at it. I went out to see it, and realized it was a baby who, although unhurt, wasn’t able to fly yet. It had fallen out of the nest. I moved the baby away from the dogs’ line of vision, but worried about leaving it on the ground where a neighborhood cat might get it. The poor thing must have been hungry because he opened his beak wide as could be when I picked him up. My DH was getting ready for a trip to NY, but took the time to ease my fears by putting the baby back where it belonged, with Mama Bird harassing him to no end in the process! What a guy! I count my blessings.

The heat wave has broken for a few days anyway. It’s not so humid and “melty” outside. I hate days when the humidity makes the air as thick as soup, and I feel like a wax candle left out in the sun. Yes, I know I said I like the tropics...

To finally bring some crochet into my blog, here is a photo of some items I've worked on. They are round ripple baby afghans going to California as soon as I can get a box together.

Comments

  1. Hi Jeannie! I'm so glad the little baby bird is ok! We ran across a lost dog, while walking ours the other day.. Such a cute little thing but very old with no tags. I was very close to bringing him home, (like I NEED another pet!)but another couple walking by scooped him up and said they'd bring him to the police station. I felt bad ever since, because I'm afraid what they'll do to him at some shelter. Dear Daughter kept asking me if I wanted her to go get him... I hope he's o.k... LOVE your afghans!! I still haven't tried a round ripple afghan yet, and they're SO-ooo pretty!.. Yes, I hear we've got a good 3 or 4 day heatwave coming, so I'm going to do all the baking I can fit in tomorrow, while the temps are still reasonably comfortable!! Happy 4th, keep cool, and enjoy the holiday weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudo's for hubby coming to the rescue of a baby bird. Round Ripples will always be my favorite-est of all crochet afghans. They look so soft & cuddly! I'm with ya on this humidity, blech.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set