Memorial Day Weekend

Take time to remember those who died in service of their country, and the veterans who were fortunate enough to return to us. Bless them all!

We are in the middle of a 3 day weekend. It's been lovely so far - hamburgers on the grill, baked potatoes and macaroni salad! Yum! This evening, it will be shrimp and scallop kabobs. Staying home this holiday weekend was a good choice. I have family at the Jersey shore, and would love to have spent time with them, but I haven't had much time with DH lately, and it's nice to have him home for a change.

I have plans to take DS to fill out a job application today. I sure hope he gets full time work soon! I also want to take time to crochet - I have that sweetheart ripple afghan to finish. It would really make a great grange fair entry. And I just received 3 new patterns in the mail. I've been wanting to make some Kathleen Early dolls for a long time now. I ordered the patterns and will be digging through my stash soon, looking for the yarn I need. I'm sure I have some stockpiled, left over from my doll-making days.

Time to get going here. Hope that you all have a great holiday weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set