The Price of Beauty - Pain...

I woke this morning feeling a little lighter. It's sunny and warm and the birds are singing. I decided on a day of "beauty" - had my nails done and some waxing - in the G-rated way.

At some point in every woman's life, she looks in the mirror and says "I've turned into my mother". The cruel joke that nature plays on us is that even farther down the road, that same woman will look into her mirror and say "When did I turn into my father?" The slightly hairy chin, the downy upper lip, the brows going astray - a little waxing will be needed now and then to counteract the werewolf look. Okay, it wasn't that bad. The nice smooth warm wax applied to the brow, the application of the linen and then that first shocking RIIIIIIPPPPPPP! My eyes must have nearly popped out of their sockets. It wasn't so bad after that.

The nails look nice though. I got a full set, done in pink and white.

My review at work went through, just as I was afraid. I was dropped down another notch to a meets requirements rating with a smaller raise. I was also informed that I am being moved to another building beginning April 5. I am sad that I was rated on such a bad year, when I really feel that I did as well as I was physically and emotionally capable of, but I guess I can't fault the company for that. It's a new year and I have to be strong. And as far as the move goes - well, the building I'm in hasn't felt right from the beginning. A move to a new building might be what I need.

And may I just say that I wish the snow would go away now - no more until Christmas Even 2010, please. It is a nice day out, but every where you go there are mounds and mountains of piled-up snow that looks like gravel - it's so gray! I'm done with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern