Feeling Human Again...



Oh, how I hate cold and flu season. I haven't suffered from a cold or flu for at least 5 years, and so far I've been hit by a virus in August and cold/viral symptoms again during the last 2 weeks. The illness in August last year really knocked me on my butt, keeping me out of work for just short of 3 months. I didn't believe it when my doctor told me it might take that long to recover, but it did. I'm happy to say that this wasn't nearly so severe, even though it started out with the same symptoms. Chills, extremely sore throat, and cough.

Justin is back today. I've really missed him, but I asked the kids not to bring him by while I was sick. I hate to see children not feeling well, and I was so afraid I'd give him something, since it ran totally through the house. Husband and son are feeling a little better as well. We are watching the Polar Express. Justin loves this movie. He looks like he really needs a nap though.

I did find a project for my yarn. I love the look of the Red Heart Fleck yarns and had some Aran Fleck and a solid cocoa brown. I made a ripple scarf and ended up adding a fringe to it. I wasn't sure if I wanted to, but decided to do it for a little extra length. I have it finished, with the exception of trimming the fringe. I'm going to wash it first.

My next project may be to pick up the Sweetheart Ripple Afghan again, since it's been in limbo for over a year now. I sure would like to get it finished. It's just so beautiful, but all those single crochets {{groan}}.
I took hamburger out for dinner and now I don't know what to make with it. We had split pea with ham soup yesterday and it hit the spot. I'm glad I found that bag of dried peas in the pantry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set