One of the Fortunate Ones

That would be me. I'm counting my blessings today. Starting with the most kind-hearted, caring husband ever. He's stuck with me through thick and thin and I love him for it. He saw a woman who's been living in her car - she was scrounging for pennies in her pockets to make a purchase at Wawa, and he left the store and slipped a $10 bill under her windshield wiper. Sat there to make sure she got it and that no one else helped themselves to it.

My sons - both are good kids and have never been in any trouble. The oldest has a sweet fiancee and they are getting married in August. My youngest is a gamer, but he works every day and there's never a nasty word out of his mouth. I've heard kids cuss their parents out and it makes me sad. My boys aren't like that. My dear grandson the J-Man was here today and he's a joy. I'm making a sweater for him. I hope he likes it. It will have a nice roomy front pocket to carry his little cars in. He's a car nut - he'll push his little matchbox cars around for the longest time. He chatters like a magpie. I just wish I could understand what he's saying. I pick up a few words here and there - shoe, sock, fish, cat, snack, drink.

I've been feeling better lately, too. The acid reflux that keeps me awake at night has been easing. I changed my medication and it seems to be working. Spring is on its way and my outlook is a little sunnier too. Work is going well and I feel appreciated, much more than I ever did when I worked in the other building I was assigned to.

My little buddy is here at my side. He's a good little dog, even if he is a little annoying at times.

I found a home for the hat I made, pictured in an earlier post. My dear son's fiancee stopped in and asked if I could make a hat for her grandmother, who is currently undergoing chemotherapy and has lost her hair. I was more than happy to give her the hat. I do hope that she likes it.

Times are tough right now, but we have a roof over our heads, food on the table and enough money to keep gas in the car, even if we have to cut back our weekend travels.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set