Getting Ready for Vacation


On Sunday morning, we head for the airport. I've been looking forward to this cruise. I don't know if I'll want to come home. 11 nights - 8 ports. We will be visiting Aruba, Barbados, Curacao, Dominica, Grenada, St. Croix, St. Kitts and St. Lucia. Tomorrow will be a "last minute, running around, repacking" kind of day.

I have finished a shawl in autumn colors. I am making shawls - one for a SIL fighting Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and I will make one for my son's fiancee's aunt, valiantly fighting breast cancer. The shawl I finished is a half-granny shawl. I've only ever made these in solid colors, but I alternated rows of light tan, light sage green, carrot and a lighter shade of green (I don't remember what it's called). I do like the way it turned out - what do you think?

Comments

  1. Hi Jeannie! Oh, I am SO-ooo excited for you!!! This trip is going to be wonderful, and I'm wishing you the BEST of times on this adventure away!! I DO hope you'll take lots and lots of pictures too!.. Catching up a bit, I LOVE the shawl, AND the sweaters you made, both yours and your grandson's! Your pictures of Justin are priceless! He is absolutely ADORABLE, God bless him! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl turned out beautifully! Have a wonderful trip. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set