Fundraiser Update and Holiday Musings

Well, I understand that the Breast Cancer Research Foundation Pink Ribbon auction at work was a big success! I understand that we raised more money this year than we did in previous years. That's great news! The afghan was a popular item, according to the people who pulled the winning tickets. I'm so glad! There were a lot of wonderful donations by so many people - one wonderful woman and her husband donated $250 in cash as a prize! It warms my heart that there are so many generous people in the world! Bravo to all the people who took part in the fundraiser!

My world is a little less stressful this week - my boss gave his notice! I certainly hope that he is happier in his new job than he was in this one. That's all I can say.

I am going to finish my cup of creme brulee coffee, and get down to work with more of my Christmas crochet projects. Our family has decided to forego the traditional pollyanna and donate our pollyanna monies to our brother who is having some difficulties right now. I hope it will help him out. In the meantime, we are all working on some little handmade goodies for each other.

When I was a child, we had fantastic Christmas mornings - we woke up to find gifts spilling out from under the tree and into the rest of the living room. Of course, there were 7 of us children, so that was a lot of packages. It's finally dawned on me what my parents went through to make a wonderful holiday for us all. We didn't have the newest, the most or the best of everything, but I never felt that we were deprived as kids. My dad worked multiple jobs to make sure we had what we needed. I know now how hard it was for him to take care of all of us, and I'm thankful for what he did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern