January Snowstorm Approaching

A big storm heading for the I-95 corridor (where we live) is supposed to hit us this evening, lasting about 24 hours.  The earlier predictions of snowfall was 14-24 inches of snow, but now has been recalculated for 12-16.  Still nothing to sneeze at.  One storm a year like this is enough for me. 

You may or may not know that I have bipolar disorder.  People may think "Oh, what is she telling people that for?  I wouldn't share something like that!"  But it's not something to be ashamed of.  It's a chemical imbalance in my brain.  I share because people have to know that there is no shame in having a condition like this.  It's no different than having some physical ailment.  Maybe if more people shared info like this, more people would see themselves in this light and seek medical help.

I've been going through a rough time, trying to find the right adjustment to my medications to balance my life.  I have bipolar II which means that most of the time, when my mood is out of whack, it's depression that takes over.  The opposite swing isn't elation, like you would think.  I become irritable in my mania state.  I've been evening out lately, but in my troubled times I've lost my desire to crochet.

It has bothered me, because I would so love to be making things for my brand new grandson and his big brother.  Things on the back burner include a sweater and afghan for Nathan the newbie, and a big green T-Rex for his brother.  Instead I spend all my time on the computer.  You wouldn't think so because of my infrequent posts to my blog.  But Facebook knows me all too well.  I waste my time with games.

So since I've been feeling a tiny bit improved, here is a project I started for Nathan.  His blanket.  His room colors are turquoise and gray.  This blanket is a nice airy granny ripple pattern.  I hope to have it finished within the next week.  I also hope to keep the momentum going because a friend of ours contacted me to make her a scarf.  I'd like to finish that before the weather gets too warm!

Here is the blanket:






The colors are pretty together with white to set them off, don't you think? 

Here is the scarf that I was asked to make.  It's shown on the cover of this crochet pattern book.  For those interested, this book can be purchased on Amazon, either in hard copy or digital form for the Kindle.




Isn't that an incredible dragon? 

Anyway, hope to be back on my blog more often in the future.  But these are a few of the things I've been up to lately.  Here's to more hookin'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set