Beautiful Sunday Morning!

What a beautiful day it is!

In a discussion with another of my sisters recently, she told me that within the next two years she may be making a big change in her life. She said that the thought of making such a change was scary.

My advice to my sister was to not let her fears hold her back. In my opinion, the planned change would be a great decision on her part and would make her happy. When all is said and done and our time is at an end, our biggest regrets are not the things we did, but the things we didn’t do.

I've always felt that my life has been a series of missed opportunities. Even something so simple as attending a wedding and wanting to join the fun on the dance floor but being too shy to do so – I sat back and watched everyone else have fun. When I graduated from high school, I wanted to go to college. Didn’t do it. I wanted to join the Air Force. Again, I didn’t do it. I settled for mediocre jobs instead of choosing a career that I could be happy with.

It's always nagged at me, but I've given things a once-over in my mind. Had I joined the Air Force and gone on to college, my life would have taken such a different direction. Had I not "settled" for a job at the printing factory, I wouldn't have met the wonderful man I married. I would not have learned to crochet from his sweet mother! I wouldn't have the boys I love so dearly. I wouldn't know my wonderful sweet soon-to-be DIL, and wouldn't have the grandson that I am over the moon about!

Now, at this point in my life, I still have dreams and aspirations and am hoping that I can accomplish some of them. I am in the process of working toward a college degree by taking one class at a time. And there is still my dream to one day take flying lessons.

I think things all worked out the way they should...Life is good!

I will be posting later today with pictures of my latest crochet projects!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set