Saturday and a New Crochet Project

It still fairly early on Saturday morning, and I've been awake for hours. The dogs woke me early looking for breakfast. Greedy boys! Anyway, once their bowls were filled (not too much - they're all on diets!), they were content again. I could hear the rain coming down very early this morning. It sounds like it was a pretty good steady rain. We really needed it. The leaves have been turning on some of the trees in the area due to the lack of rain. Not pretty colors, just brown. Lawns are turning brown, too. I hope this rain will help.

I started a baby's sweater yesterday. Dan brought me some of my pattern books from my stash and I found an old favorite with patterns for baby sweaters from worsted weight yarn. Worsted weight will always be my favorite yarn to work with. I've been using either Red Heart or Caron One Pound skeins. I've discovered that the Red Heart washes, dries and softens beautifully. Kathryn in California received the hats and blankets I sent for the NICU and she commented on the softness of the items. I sure hope that some little children in need, and their parents, will find comfort in these items.

The baby's sweater will be done with Caron's One Pound in green and white. Here's a photo:


I'm 10 rows into it. I'll post some photos when it's finished.

Tom and I are on our own most of the day as DH Wayne is on a scuba trip this weekend. DS Dan is working most of the day. I'm feeling a little better now that my lower back is easing up on me. No real plans for the day, except to work on the sweater a bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set