Happy Mother's Day

My own mother has passed away - she's gone nearly 20 years now. I think about her and hope that, as a mom myself, I am making her proud. I received some flowers from my husband, an Amazon gift certificate from my younger son and I'm anxiously awaiting my older son and his family to arrive for a visit. Anxiously because I am head over heels about my grandson. He is the sun in the sky, the stars at night and the air I breathe. I have at least 3 WIPs on the hook, and I seriously need to sit myself down and get busy turning them into finished pieces. One is a circular baby afghan, one is a block/square afghan, done as a big giant granny square, and one is another Angry Bird hat. That one is closest to the finished stage. It's all there - just need to sew on the eyes, mouth and eyebrows. Breakfast today on my Mother's Day was - TA DA! A hot fudge sundae. It's wasn't 8:00 am when I ate it, but nearly 10:00. Close to lunch time. Tonight I'm going to cook a couple of Perdue Oven Stuffer Roasters in the turkey fryer. They should be delicious. That, some mashed potatoes and gravy and a vegetable will make a great dinner. I will post some photos when I've finished up these pieces I'm working on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set