Computer Malfunction and Back To Work Monday

Two bad news items! My computer bit the dust on Friday. I'm back on line after purchasing a replacement. I'm ticked that all the programs I bought and paid for on the old 'puter couldn't be moved over to the new one. I took the old laptop to the Geek Squad. They moved my files, so I was able to save a boatload of patterns that I paid for and downloaded. They saved my photos too. I'm glad about that. But why couldn't they move Microsoft Office over, when I paid for that, too? Well, I'm not paying for it again. I downloaded Open Office for free from the internet. It opens Office documents, spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations. Check here if you're interested in downloading: http://www.openoffice.org/

I'm back to work tomorrow - wish me luck. I haven't been in touch with them very much, except to keep them apprised of my expected return to work date. I guess it wasn't very nice, but I specifically asked my boss not to call me at home. Last time I was out, I kept getting phone calls - "Where do I find..." "How do I..." Sorry, but I'm not on call 24/7! Physical therapy tomorrow as well. It will indeed be a busy day.

I've been busy, too, working on another Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer Awareness afghan. I bought some Caron one-pounders in a pretty rose shade, and I have a little more than 4 out of the 5 panels finished. I will post photos when it's done.

Crochetville announced an ornament exchange, and I signed up. My swap partner sent me a lovely pair of cat ornaments, along with a hand-crocheted gift bag, a little doll-sized round ripple, a great coffee cozy with the Pink Ribbon on it, a pen shaped like a lipstick and a crocheted gift bag to hold it all. Here's a photo:


Didn't she do a great job on everything? I can't wait for Christmas! I love handmade ornaments! I'll post photos of my ornaments for my partner, once I hear she has received them. I should be able to mail this week. In the photo you can see the Pink Ribbon afghan, serving as a background to my new ornaments!

I guess that's all I have for now. Have a good night, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nativity Set