Current Crochet Projects

I bought myself a sewing machine.  What does that have to do with crochet, you ask?  Well, I decided to make some crocheted kitchen towels.  The ones with the crocheted tops that you button around the oven handle.  I'm making some for gifts and decided to buy the sewing machine to sew a seam on the cut tops to keep them from unraveling.  Of course, it's not the only thing I'll use it for.  When I get to be more proficient, I'd like to sew some fleece blankets to add to the crocheted blanket collection for the NICU.  Maybe make some aprons or some other gift items for my relatives for Christmas.  It's a nice little Brother sewing machine that I purchased on Amazon for under $80.  I know I'll never be as good with the sewing machine as my mother - she made the most elaborate and detailed Barbie doll clothes when we were kids.  We didn't know we had it so good.  Our Barbies had lovely handmade clothes when all the other kids had to settle for store-bought.  I only wish we still had some of those, even as keepsakes.  My mom's been gone for 24 years now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barbie's Easter Outfit Pattern